What is Gynaecomastia?
Gynaecomastia or male breast augmentation is a very common condition affecting 25-30% of men of all ages. Gynaecomastia is a source of social embarrassment and distress to the affected guys.
Gynaecomastia is readily and permanently treated with a simple surgery, which may be done as a daycare process. You can get your surgery done in the morning and be discharged home by afternoon, with no need for an overnight admission. You can resume all everyday activities the next day. And you do not have to be embarrassed ever again to take your shirt off.
Surgery is the only treatment for gynaecomastia.
What causes Gynaecomasia?
Gynaecomastia occurs due to increased breast tissue
excess fat deposition.
Gynaecomastia is seen physiologically in neonates, due to mom’s hormones in their blood, in adolescence around puberty, and in the elderly. This is the most frequent reason for gynaecomastia i.e. part of normal development. It happens due to change from the circulating hormone levels in the bloodstream which leads to growth in the size of their breast tissues and fat deposition.
Other causes of gynaecomastia that are comparatively uncommon are steroid intake, liver ailments, esophageal cancer or medication intake, to mention a few.
Who is the ideal candidate for Gynaecomastia?
Men of any age that are healthy and mentally stable are considered good candidates for man Gynaecomastia.
Eligibility to get a Gynaecomastia:
One of the Aforementioned reasons makes you an Acceptable candidate to undergo Gynaecomastia, But to be a qualified candidate for an operation you should also fulfill the following criteria:
- Every surgical procedure including plastic or cosmetic surgery entails certain dangers. You should undergo a Gynaecomastia only if you have a health requirement or you believe the particular operation is going to boost your quality of life.
- You shall be a fantastic candidate for the Gynaecomastia if you are healthy, you have realistic expectations from the outcome of the operation and you’re aware of all the dangers related to the procedure.
- You can’t look at undergoing cosmetic surgery if you’ve got serious health issues like diabetes, heart ailments, high blood pressure, bleeding disorders like hemophilia or depression.
- You will not be a fantastic candidate for your Gynaecomastia if you smoke or drink too much alcohol.
- You should have a positive attitude!
- Your expectations from the outcome of the operation should be realistic.
Gynaecomastia surgery produces results that combine extremely well with an individual’s entire body aesthetics. Shortly after the surgery, one gets back to the desired or standard form of a treated body area. One does not have to wait to see the result, which is the beauty of cosmetic surgery.
INCREASED CONFIDENCE AND ENHANCED MENTAL HEALTH:
Self Confidence is a tool that helps us confront challenges and tackle problems in life, with fantastic certainty. When you look good, you feel great which subsequently raises your self-confidence. You become more willing and open to wearing certain clothes or participating in activities that you avoided prior to surgery, as a result of discomfort in your appearance.
Certain clinicians and psychologists believe, few corrections in your body components, by cosmetic surgery can’t only lead to psychological wellness but also improved mental wellness.
What is the Gynaecomastia surgery procedure?
Surgery is the only remedy for gynaecomastia.
We will need to take care of the two, the enlarged gland, as well as the surplus fat.
The surplus fat deposition is decreased with liposuction and the gland is removed in the 1cm incision in the areola (trans areolar approach), which on recovery leaves behind an almost invisible scar.
Thus the entire process is done rapidly without any marks within the chest.
Depending on the size, gynaecomastia is graded from I to IV and another category of pseudo gynaecomastia contains breast enlargement due to fat deposition because of obesity.
You might feel a little distress & sense gentle stiffness and pain on your chest which will subside within 2-3 days.
Each of the normal office type tasks could be resumed after 2-3 times while the significant physical actions and swimming ought to be limited for a couple of days as per the recommendation of your health care provider.
The results of Gynecomastia Surgery are permanent, although subsequent obesity may create a gynecomastia-like effect.
Post Surgery Do’s And Don’ts
Consult your physician. For better and suitable guidelines. The following are the general directions that ought to allow you to get the best results from your surgery.
- No vigorous exercise, contact sports and running for a minimum of fourteen days
- No lifting heavy objects for a minimum of three weeks
- Keep away from pullover clothes for two weeks especially if you have undergone a face operation
- Avoid driving a car for a couple of days following surgery
- No swimming for two weeks following the operation
- Prefer working with a bar of mild soap and shampoo whilst taking a shower
- It is essential to maintain the tape and pay on the operation to keep it dry. When the physician advises removing the tape you can gently clean your surgery area twice per day to help reduce oiliness.
Exercising After Gynaecomastia Surgery
After cosmetic surgery, many patients inquire about post-surgery exercise or when they restart their gym action. Patients need to understand, it is extremely crucial to give enough time for proper healing of your body, for example, the strain on joints, excessive sweating, stretching of the skin, etc. can delay the recovery.
You Have to consult your physician about:
- How soon you may start exercising?
- Which kind of exercise you can perform?
Don’t start exercise without asking your doctor and follow guidelines given by your physician as for complete recovery, the body demands time, and you also want enough energy amount for your routine and gym.
Seek Medical Help
IF YOU NOTICE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Development of a fever elevation exceeding 100 degrees
- An unusual amount of bleeding in the operation area
Significant reinjury of the surgery area
- A Substantial Increase in pain after taking your prescribed drugs